Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: Wendy's Asiago Ranch Flatbread

Every once in a while, a restaurant comes up with a new item that I really really want to try.   The Wendys flatbread sandwich looked really good on those commercials.  Have you seen them?  Big flatbread sandwich with lots of lettuce and tomato.  Yum!

So the other week I needed to pick up something quick and get back to work.  I zipped through the drive-through,  ordered the flatbread, and hurried on back to work.

This is what I got when I opened the wrapper. ..

NEW Asiago Ranch Flatbread Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Oh, it was good-don't get me wrong.  The flavors were all there, and the flatbread had a kind of nutty quality.   But the size!  Here, I'll give you a point of reference....


Do you see me hand in that picture?   I have been told that i have small little baby hands.  And the sandwich looks way smaller than on TV!   Must be trick photography on their ads.  I mean, on the commercial it looks like the sandwich is as big as her head!

Plus, way less veggies.  And way way too much sauce.  If you look closely up there, you can see the sauce it left on the wrapper...  And it kinda sat like a lump the second time I had it.

The verdict?  Will I have it again?  Maybe, if I get a hankerin' for it.  And, to be honest, if I'm craving it, it'll probably be a craving for the flatbread, not the sandwich itself.  But it's not my new go to sandwich.  Sorry Wendy's.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Prima mia,

    Sounds like you haven't had good luck in the lunch / fast-food department lately!? Is it time for you to invest in some sandwich fixin's to keep @ work and make when you need 'em?!

    ~Susana

    ReplyDelete