Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday - Halloween

This is from about 1980 or 81.



I was a hobo.  I think.

As you can see, Tina got a store-bought costume (that I remember being VERY jealous of), and Mom just kinda put a coat, hat, and sunglasses on me, painted a beard with mascara, and called it a day.  I do not look amused.

*sigh*

But the thing with these vintage photos is that you can learn so much more by looking beyond the intended subject.  For example:

  • Top shelf behind us you can see the 8-track tape collection.  I think Mom & Dad might still have these.
  • To the left of the 8-tracks, you can see the globe book-end.  I remember these.  They were not necessarily geographically correct.
  • There's also what looks to be 3 sets of encyclopedias.  I only remember one of those sets of books.  The white with blue are children's story books.
I think that my favorite costume I ever had was the year that I dressed up as Dolly Parton (I was an adult).  I used a flannel shirt, added fringe, had a blond wig and fake eyelashes.  It was the best.  And even if I knew where my photos were, I'm not sure I would share a picture of that with you...

What's your favorite costume from your past?

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...don't think of the costumes that way. Think of them this was: Tina's was poorly made, didn't require any imagination, and will NEVER break down in a landfill. Yours, however, was reusable, recyclable, and did NOT leave a carbon footprint!

    See? There is always a "glass-half-full" version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND...Tina might not have been happy in the picture either... her smile was only painted on! :)

      Delete