Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Improving upon Apples & Cinnamon Oatmeal...

Around Christmas time last year Jeff said that he and Rhy thought it would be a good idea to buy a Keurig.  They both like coffee, but different kinds, and I don't like coffee, but I do enjoy hot chocolate, and I could use it to get hot water for oatmeal.  And a Keurig would allow us to each have what we want in individual servings.  Perfect, right?

We had some gift cards left over from wedding gifts and were able to get the Keurig we wanted and some k-cups.  I fell in love with the milk hot chocolate, chai latte, and the hot apple cider.  Oh.......  the hot apple cider.  So so yummy.

One day after I made my hot apple cider I took apart the k-cup because it's still heavy after you make your drink and I was nosey and wanted to know what was in it.  There is some sort of apple pulp & filter going on in there.  So I thought, what if I run it through the Keurig twice?  What would happen?

What happens is you get watery hot apple cider.  And what do you do with that watery hot apple cider?  You use it as your hot water in instant oatmeal, that's what!!!
It gives the oatmeal another level of apple-y goodness.  An extra bit of kick or tang or something.  All I know is that it's wonderful!  It has, however, ruined me for apples & cinnamon oatmeal made with boring old water...

If only the chai latte flavor was filtered, I would try that in the cinnamon sugar oatmeal...

No comments:

Post a Comment