Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies (my version)

I saw something (on Pintrest) that said Pintrest should have an "I did it!" button, which applauds loudly when pushed.  I agree.  In fact, I created a board on Pintrest that I labeled "I did that!"  And I made that board before I read that pin!  Yeay me!

Anyway, I have made a recipe that I found on Pintrest.  I don't want it to just be a website that sucks my time, so I knew that I needed to make one of the recipes I pinned, and I had the rest of that pumpkin to use, so...

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
brownie mix {and whatever the box calls for}
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tbs vanilla
1cup flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups pumpkin {pureed}
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice


mix up the brownies as directed on the box, set aside. blend the sugar, eggs, and vanilla in one bowl and the flour, baking powder, and salt in another. mix all of the ingredients together until smooth. add remaining ingredients and mix well.

line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. pour half the brownie mix, then half the pumpkin mixture, and repeat. 


bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  

let cool in pan and top with melted chocolate or a ganache 

The differences between the original and mine:  I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I used some nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.  Also, no topping.

Verdict?  It was greatly enjoyed.  Quickly.  In fact, I don't think any of us ate lunch.  We all just ate Pumpkin Swirl Brownies all day, along with some clementines (me) and an apple (Rhy).  It didn't really taste very pumpkin-y, perhaps because I used the pumpkin pulp from the carving pumpkin on Sunday, but it was good nonetheless.  Definitely a recipe worth saving.

mmmmmmm......


No comments:

Post a Comment