Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yummy Snack: Cashews & Craisens

I was very much in the moods for sweets yesterday (even though I'd already had sweets - bad!), so I found myself with a dollar standing in front of the vending machine at work.  Not a good place to be...

What looked good?  The fruit snacks looked good.  The nutty bar also looked good (so much yum!).  Then it hit me - I can make something!

I have entirely too much food at work, including clementines, yogurt, cheese sticks, granola bars, cashews, & craisens.

Well, I grabbed a cup from the breakroom and pulled out the craisens & cashews.  I put what I thought was 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of each in the cup, and shook it up!  I got this:


That simple mixture was salty and sweet and soft and crunchy and it worked!  It took away my craving for a candy bar!

That was yesterday.  Today I took the rest of the craisens and put them in the can with the rest of the cashews and shook it up!  It's great to have it already mixed together ready to grab a bite!  When the can gets empty, I'll keep it around, and I'll continue to make my mixture so I have it when the sweet tooth strikes!

1 comment:

  1. I've done this with peanuts and raisens and also with walnuts and raisens...walnuts and raisens being my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete