Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Is That English? Also, book review of Almost Amish by Kathryn Cusham

Just going through some stuff, downsizing our massive loads of crap, and whatnot, and came across this little gem that the Almanzas sent me a few years ago.   
That's some good sense of humor right there!


Speaking of downsizing, or spring cleaning, or whatever it is I'm doing...

I took a bag of books to Half Price Books last weekend.  Of course, while I was there, I looked around and found a book that looked interesting.  I said to Jeff, "I hope they offer at least $7.50 'cuz I want to buy this book."  Luckily, they offered enough for my books I was able to buy the new-to-me book and pocket $5.  Score!

So, Book Review:  Almost Amish by Kathryn Cushman

The back of the books says:
"Over-committed and overwhelmed, Julie Charlton is at the breaking point.  She knows she should feel blessed as a mother and wife - but she just feels exhausted.  And then, the miraculous happens.  Her sister-in-law Susan, a Martha Stewart-in-training, lands the chance to participate in a reality TV series about trying to live like the Amish and needs another family to join her.  It's just the break Julie needs."

This is a good, easy read.  It didn't take long, not much thought, which is how I usually like to read.  I read it in about 4 days, in amongst my regular life.  Maybe the premise of the story spoke to me since it's been so hectic at work lately, but man, makes me think I would rather spend my day taking care of the house & making meals more than spending 45+ hours a week at work...  

And if it were reversed, I would probably wish for a job to go to.

And now I have a book to sell back to Half Price Books.  :-)

What have you been doing?

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you should write about wanting to spend more time at home because just today I was thinking, "geez...I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow". When I have too much time off, I look forward to getting back to work, and I'm on my 4th day of my 4-day weekend right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I read it before you sell it back?
    Tina

    ReplyDelete