Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday - Christmas circa 1974

I got a text from my sister yesterday...

Tina:  u haven't blogged for 25 days...
Me:  I know.  [insert excuses here]
Tina:  well, you've missed a few vintage photo fridays.

There you have it folks, a request for a vintage photo if I've ever heard one.  Most of my digitized old photos include Tina.  Since she's all but outright asked for Vintage Photo Fridays, let's do a whole weekend!  Christmas-themed vintage photos staring Tina (and sometimes her very cool little sister)!  It's going to be the best weekend ever!


This is the Christmas tree I grew up with until about 5th or 6th grade.  I think it might be the tree that Mom & Dad had at their first Christmas together.  I remember that white with gold horse ornament that's above Tina's head, but not the others.  That garland was around for many many years - I wonder if Mom still has it somewhere?  The boxes of ornaments and the boxed up tree always smelled the same each year.  I can even smell it now.  A little dusty, a little old, and 100% Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment