I was craving oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, so I was on the hunt for a good recipe. Mom said that her oatmeal cookies always flatten and spread. Lois said that her recipe was nothing special.
So I turned to Pinterest. And this is what I found:
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add oats, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips and coconut, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes (9 for me) or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Store in airtight container.
I will never need another oatmeal cookie recipe! It was amazing! The cookies did not spread! In fact, they didn't even lose their shape when baked. And they stayed soft!
I used a cup of white chocolate chips and a cup of craisens, and wished there were more craisens. I'm looking forward to making them again!
So, Mom - here's a good oatmeal recipe!