Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pinterest Review: Ultimate Chicken Fingers (made with Bisquick)

Hi!  How's it going?  Me?  Good.  I've been actually cooking a little more than usual lately, but making a lot of repeats instead of trying new stuff.  I did, however, finally make those Ultimate Chicken Fingers that I've had pinned into my "2 try this week" board for over a month...

Ultimate Chicken Fingers (Gluten Free)
3/4 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix 
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1 teaspoon paprika 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips (or 8 tenders)
2 eggs, slightly beaten 
Cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with foilor parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, cheese, paprika and salt in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken strips into eggs, then coat with Bisquick mixture; repeat with other pieces, dipping in eggs and Bisquick mixture two times each. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
3. Bake 12 to14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, until no longer pink in center.


Looks like she adapted this recipe from Bisquick.  I did not make them gluten free, because we just had normal Bisquick.  Luckily we had all the other ingredients too, except for chicken, which makes for a short shopping list.  Like!

Verdict:  Yum!  Next time I made it I will put a bit more of the spices into the mix.  I could taste it, but I would go for a bit bolder of a taste.  It was just about the right amount of mixture, but by the last piece of chicken, I was starting to wonder if I would have enough.  And I think this recipe has converted me into a double dunk girl.  Coating the chicken in egg then mix then egg then mix did put more on the chicken.

But the very most important thing about this recipe is that You Must Spray The Aluminum Foil!  If you don't, you'll only get half of the coating.  Seriously.  At least the pan was covered in the foil and it was an easy clean up.

This will find its way back on our menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment