- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- cup chopped onion
- cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- teaspoon dried sage leaves
- teaspoon salt
- package (1 lb 8 oz) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired
- slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired
- medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons), if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended. Press in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 2Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of beef mixture reads 160°F. Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.
Problem was that the meatloaf became very condensed because your mashing it into your pan. Also, I made mashed potatoes instead using the store-bought ones.
Would I make this again? No. I would just make meatloaf and mashed potatoes. And it would be delicious!