Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pinterest Review: using Rhodes dinner rolls to make personal pizzas

We like to make homemade pizza, but it rarely happens because making the crust infuriates me to no end.  I always end up getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore, and call Jeff to finish the job while I chill out.

So homemade pizza is a rarity and a special occasion at our house.

But a visit from Kiaj is also a special occasion, and when she mentioned that was what she wanted, I knew we would make it happen.  I had recently seen on Pinterest that you use a Rhodes dinner roll to make individual pizzas.  And guess what...  it worked!!!

Check out the original blog about it here.

Just let your dough balls thaw, and go to town.

We had 5 people, and boy are those balls of dough small, so I pulled out 2 for each person.  It ended up being like an assembly line.  Parchment paper, lightly oiled dough, rolled super thin, baked for 4-5 minutes, then call the people in to dress their pizza, put in the oven for 10 minutes or so, with it on broil at the end (for the nice dark cheese look that I love so much).  Not everyone ate at once, but that was okay.

Next time, I think I'll cook the pizza dough ahead of time, maybe a bit of garlic salt or other seasoning on the dough.  That way more pizzas can fit on each parchment paper (which then goes on a cookie sheet, of course), and it's less labor intensive for the cook.

This is definitely a trick that I'm putting up my sleeve for the next time we make pizza.

What toppings do you like on your pizza?  I had a whole lot of different toppings ready for people to use on their own individual pizzas.  Sautéed vegetables, cooked sausage, pepperoni, shrimp, goat cheese, sauerkraut.  All good things.  I also like grilled pineapple on pizza.  That night I made my pizza with sautéed vegetables, pepperoni, and goat cheese.  Mmmmmm......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds DELISH!!
    I really miss you when you don't post...

    Loretta
    www.365daysotherramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete