Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pinterest Review: Quick Blender Jell-o


I like Jell-o.  Some people think that it's hospital food or for kids or something, but I like it.  I think it's cool and refreshing.

I tried this Quick Blender Jell-o from Real Mom Kitchen a while back:

  • 2/3 c. boiling water
  • 1 (3 oz) package Jell-o
  • 8-10 ice cubes
  • 1  (8 oz) container of Cool-whip
  1. Place the boiling water in the blender and add the package of Jell-o.  Place the lid loosely on your blender.  Since you are using boiling water, if you put the lid on tight you could end up with an explosion.  Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until the jello is dissolved.
  2. Add the ice cubes to the blender ONE at a time.  Blend after each addition until the ice is well blended.
  3. Add half of the container and cool whip.  Blend until combined.  Pour Jell-o into desired dish/dishes.  then chill until set.  the original recipe said 5 minutes but I would plan on at least 30 minutes.
I used orange Jell-o (a favorite of mine and I had some on hand), and added a can of mandarin oranges at the end.

Verdict?  This was good.  A bit watery, though.  I also think that the addition of the Cool Whip takes away from the orange flavor.  But don't get me wrong - this totally got eaten.  It just won't end up on my frequently-made-recipes list.

What's your favorite Jell-o recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment