Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Pillsbury Caramel Apple Cake Remix

So we're at Target, perusing the food section in case we need anything and I see this new seasonal cake and icing flvor, Caramel Apple.  And I thought,

"Well, that's going to happen."


And into the cart they went.  I then went down to the pie filling and grabbed a big ol can of apple pie filling, because, you know, this.


After my weekly Packer-nap, I turned the oven on to 350°. I beat 3 eggs (wow, that sounds violent), and mixed in the cake mix and pie filling. Plopped all that into my greased* cake pan and baked for 35 minutes.

Waiting for the cake to cool was not so fun, but I did. And now that I have frosted it and tried it, I know it was worth it! It is a bit too sweet, and I think that's from the frosting, and I only used two thirds of the can. 
 
 
I think that if I were to do it again, I would buy the cake mix and maybe some cool whip for the frosting. But I am in love with the cake mix!


BTW, I am not affiliated with anyone associated with Pillsbury and it's all my own opinion. I wish I was cool enough for a company to ask me to review their products! hint hint....


*Don't you hate it when you run out of cooking spray because you had bought two, which were both being used for a long time, ran out around the same time. And you didn't know so you didn't buy any spray at Woodman's. Yeah, me too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment