Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pinterest Review: Breakfast Cookies

It was once again our turn to bring something for Fellowship after church.  Last time someone mentioned how colorful food is that comes from our house.  Well, that was because of the time of year, spring, summer, those just need colorful treats!

This time I decided to try these Breakfast Cookies pinned from Cookies & Cups.

  • 1 can seamless crescent rolls
  • 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  1. With your hand mixer, beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Stretch dough out slightly. It should be in the shape of a rectangle.
  3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about 1/2 inch.
  4. Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top of cream cheese.
  5. Roll the crescent sheet up tightly and wrap in cling wrap.
  6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  7. When chilled preheat oven to 350°.
  8. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
  9. Slice the crescent roll into 1/4" slices. Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12 -14 minutes until crescent roll appears golden brown.
  10. Transfer to wire rack.
  11. Eat warm or room temperature.


Verdict?  They were okay.  And I think they would have been better had I not been trying to stretch the recipe to take to church.  Also, I think that perhaps less is more when it comes to the mini chocolate chips (I really don't think I'll ever say that again...)  But, I don't think I'll make them again.  

I am, however, very happy that I read this recipe because it told me that they now make the Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough in a seamless sheet!  Wahoo!  I'm very excited about this, and planning out making my own (semi-)homemade version of Butter Braids...  

No comments:

Post a Comment