Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tortellini Salad - a good summer recipe

I first made this way back in May (I think) when I had the get-up-and-go to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen.  Not only did I made dinner that night, I also made fruit salad for the week at work and this yummy Tortellini Salad!

I was inspired by all the Tortellini Salads on Pinterest (of course, I mean, where else do I get my inspiration?), but with something like this, you don't really follow a recipe, do you?

I used

  • a bag of cheese tortellini, cooked as directed on the bag
  • a container of pearl mozzarella (fresh), soaked in Italian Dressing for a few hours
  • a bundle of asparagus, cut bite-size and steamed
  • corn, cut off the cob (I made too much for dinner that night - I would use 2 cobs of corn)
  • some itty-bitty pepperonis, sauteed
  • cherry tomatoes
  • Italian dressing


Mixed it all together and enjoyed it greatly for multiple meals.

Jeff took some to work, I took some to work for multiple days, and Jeff had a bit of it the night I made it.  I've made it a couple times since then as well.  I like taking it to work because it isn't boring, and I hate boring lunch.

Do you have a go-to summer meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment