I was inspired by all the Tortellini Salads on Pinterest (of course, I mean, where else do I get my inspiration?), but with something like this, you don't really follow a recipe, do you?
- a bag of cheese tortellini, cooked as directed on the bag
- a container of pearl mozzarella (fresh), soaked in Italian Dressing for a few hours
- a bundle of asparagus, cut bite-size and steamed
- corn, cut off the cob (I made too much for dinner that night - I would use 2 cobs of corn)
- some itty-bitty pepperonis, sauteed
- cherry tomatoes
- Italian dressing
Mixed it all together and enjoyed it greatly for multiple meals.
Jeff took some to work, I took some to work for multiple days, and Jeff had a bit of it the night I made it. I've made it a couple times since then as well. I like taking it to work because it isn't boring, and I hate boring lunch.
Do you have a go-to summer meal?