Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Garage Sale - scheduled!

For the very first time ever, I'm having a garage sale.  I've only participated in garage sales before.  I've made about $50 in some sales, but I've never had enough stuff to have my own sale.  I've only ever had things like Barbies and some clothes to sell.

And then Jeff moved in.

When you combine two households, you end up with A LOT of stuff.  Two couches.  Two vacuums.  Two irons.  Two table & chair sets.  Five sets of dishes.  In general, A LOT of stuff.

So you get a storage unit.  And you spend too much on that storage unit every month for two and half years.  And then you do the math and realize you've probably spent almost $3000 on storage, and you decide it's time to sell some stuff.

That's where we are now.

So, this Saturday we are having a garage sale from 7A-2P.  Need stuff?  Come on by.  I'm just nervous trying to figure out timing.  You know, timing of putting out signs and setting stuff up and I told Jeff that he wouldn't have to do much for this garage sale because he wasn't interested in having one in the first place.

In a week I'll let you know if the garage sale was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment