Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rylee - the TEENAGER!!!!

Exactly 13 years ago today I was anxiously waiting by the phone.  I was in college, final semester, and about to become an aunt for the second time.  *squeee*

Earlier that semester, on the first day of Policy, the professor had to reschedule his evening exam, all because I told him I would not be there on October 4th.  
Him:  "Why won't you be here?"
Me:  "My sister will have her baby that day."
Him:  "Excuse me?"

You don't know how many 21- and 22-year-olds don't know what a C-section is until one changes the exam schedule.

Back to October 4, 1999.  Finally, I had to leave my apartment and head to campus.  As soon as I got to the computer lab (because back then not everyone had a computer; in fact, probably less than 50% had computers) I called my mom (using the lab phone and a calling card - before everyone had a cell phone, you know) and found out that Tina had a GIRL!  
baby Rylee-roo with her mama!
first birthday with her mama!  I really need to scan in some pictures that aren't of Tina...
I wonder how many people wondered why I was jumping up and down in the computer lab?  When she said they named her Rylee, I totally mis-guessed the spelling, but that's okay.  "Rylee" fits that girl.
At Loretta's house
not actually her beer...
note the juxtaposition between the NIU sweatshirt and UW hat...

The girl does her own thing and has fun while doing it.  Now she's taller than me, funnier than me, has always had more luck than I'll ever have, and is way better at sports that I would ever wish to be.  Thank God!

Happy Birthday Rylee!  Love you!
A true teenager, bored and tired!  (credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment