Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday: Halloween circa 1979


I always had home-made costumes.  Check it out - I was a bum!  Awesome!  Okay, so I was 2 years old, and who knows if I even had any costume ideas.  Mom slapped a stocking cap, sunglasses, and a beard of mascara on me and I was good to go!

For years I was jealous that Tina had that store-bought Genie costume.  I was jealous of a lot of classmates store bought costumes.  And now that I've got a kid at home, I realize, wow, those store bought costumes are crap!  And expensive!  So, home made costumes aren't that bad.  It just sucks when you're a kindergartner and a home made Smurfette, and Jodi Carr has a store bought Smurfette costume that everyone compliments...  *sigh*

Now, just for fun, let's look at what's in the background.  The big huge console TV that lasted for about 20 years.  Top shelf on the left - a case of 8-track tapes.  Various book sets (looks like maybe a set of encyclopedias?).  How many of these things are unknown to teenagers these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment