Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday - Abe Lincoln and 1985 fashion

Okay, so you'll need to forget that today's Saturday.  I had this really good idea to share an old photo once a week, but I don't want to wait another 6 days.


Let's all just bask in the glory that is 1985.  Oh, man, what a year (decade, even) for fashion.  In this photo you can see that we took a family vacation over Christmas to Washington DC.

Now, lets look in greater detail...

Old Honest Abe up there, he always gets it right - his fashion sense is classic.

Then, Timo (our exchange student from Finland), on the left, is sporting the always popular tourist look.  Look closely and you can see his camera around his neck.  Other than that, it's all pretty normal.  Track jacket, sweat pants, white sneakers.

Dad is next to Timo.  He's wearing his Navy pea coat and what I always referred to as his Dr. Zhivago hat.  He got that hat around the time that I saw that movie, so I've always referred to his fur has as his Dr. Zhivago hat.  You'll also notice that his glasses have a bit of a tint to them.

Then there's me.  I think this photo was taken shortly before the Fashion Police showed up to arrest me.  First of all - Del Monte stocking hat.  Awesome.  John Deere green coat with yellow zipper.  Gnarly.  And blue shoes to match my blue pants.  Rockin'.  If I wasn't wearing the hat you'd be able to see my Little Orphan Annie hair.  Thanks for the home perm, Mom.

Last but not least, there's Tina, the stylish high school freshman in her high school jacket and Princess Di haircut (also permed).

Seriously - the 1980s - what's not to love?

Tune in each week for another Vintage Photo Friday!

2 comments:

  1. You must have missed the memo about putting your hands in your pockets for the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete