Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

11 Random Things About Me: The "Specific Questions"

Did you read yesterday's post to catch the first half of the 11 Random Things About Me?  Good.  Here's the rest of the "survey"...

Specific Questions


1.)  What's one thing you're currently looking forward to?

Next week, 3 vacation days, home with Jeff.  It makes me happy.

2.)  What is your favorite post on your blog?

I don't really have a favorite, but I really enjoyed writing about our trip to Alaska.   It was fun re-living the trip, going through my little book that I wrote things down in, picking and choosing my favorite pictures...

3.)  Who is your best friend and why?

I've never really been a "best friend" kind of person.  But I would say Jeff, because if I had to chose one person to spend all my time with, it would be Jeff.  Oops, too late!  I already picked him!

4.)  Are you a spender or a saver?

The summer of 2009 I experienced first a 10% cut in pay, then an every-other-week layoff.  So I was really down to 45% pay, which unemployment doesn't cover.  It was really hard, emotionally, financially, but I had help from my parents, who even though I've paid them back monetarily, I could never fully pay back, so I made it through.  Now to get the credit cards all paid off...
So, long story short, a saver.  I will always be worried about money, my whole life, so I'm focused on getting the debt paid down, trying not adding to the debt, and the hard part is to not worry about money.  Not to focus on money.
Moral of the story:  Don't work for a company that makes car parts during a recession...

5.)  What's your favorite joke?

I don't really have one.  But I do a mean Norwegian accent to go along with my Ole & Lena jokes!  Like this one:
Lars & Sven were walking down the street when the police officer found them.  "I'm so sorry to hear about Ole."  "What about Ole?"  "You didn't hear?  There was a fire at his house!  The coroner needs you to identify the body."
So Lars & Sven go to identify the body.  First Lars goes in the room.  The body is badly burned, especially the face, and he asks the coroner to turn the body over.  The coroner thought, "Well, that's weird, but okay," and does so.  "No, that's not Ole," says Lars.
Next, Sven's turn.  He also asks the coroner to turn the body over.  "No, that's not Ole," Says Sven.
Finally, the coroner thanks both of them for coming down and asks, "Why did you have my turn over the body?"  "Well, because when we would be walking down the street, people would yell 'There goes Ole with them two assholes!'"

6.)  What's one hobby you'd like to learn, but haven't?

Quilting.  I blame Pinterest.  I didn't have any desire to learn to quilt until I was on Pinterest.
Luckily my aunt is a quilter and she said that whenever I'm ready to learn, just to go out to her place and she'll teach me!

7.)  What's your favorite part of the day?

Going to bed and talking/joking/holding hands with Jeff.

8.)  What's your favorite dish to order at a restaurant?

I usually order something different when I go to restaurants.  But at the Sunrise Diner here in town, I always order the Packer Omelet, with mushrooms.  It has spinach, feta cheese, and of course mushrooms.  So delicious.  It's the only restaurant where I'm in a rut.  Happily in a rut.  :-)

9.)  You have a time machine and can go back in time and change one thing without negative consequences.  What would it be?

Getting in a fight with Shannon Baratta in 7th grade.  We were egged on, both of us, by everyone else in class, and I wish I had stood up and not fought.

Also, permed mullet of 5th & 6th grade...

10.)  Who is your imaginary celebrity bestie?

Christina Applegate, Lauren Graham, Melissa McCarthy, Ellen Degeneres, Drew Barrymore.  In that order.


11.)  What's the one movie you could watch over and over?

Ever After with Drew Barrymore.  The first time I saw it we had rented it; it was Junior year of college.  I watched it 4 or 5 times that weekend.  I just fell in love with it.  I mean, I love the Cinderella story anyway, but I love how in Ever After
a.)  she is loyal to her home and the other servants she had grown up with.
b.)  she is strong enough to save herself.
c.)  the bullied step-sister finally stands up for herself.

Thank you to Shelly for posting this on your blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment